Wednesday, June 20, 2012

4th of July is almost here!

I seriously love the 4th of July but I found I didn't have a lot of decor for it. So that needed to change!! Check this out!

I am in love with the way it came out!! It was a lot of work but cost was very little. I paid 97 cents for the foam wreath found at the hardware store in the plumbing section (it's a straight foam tub that you cut to the size of wreath you want and duck tape the two ends together)! Amazing compared to the $8.00 it was going to cost at the craft store. I ended up using red fleece because that's what I had on hand and it worked great! I bought straight pins at the dollar store (honk's), there was 800 in one package! The blue ribbon is from Hobby Lobby in the wedding section...I loved the color and they were on sale for 50% off!!! (YA for sales!!) For the star cut outs I found one online just using google and printed to the size I wanted my stars to be, trace and cut, just that easy!

Here's where the idea came from. She used felt instead of fleece and she was also able to find a foam wreath at the dollar store which I looked at couldn't find.

linked to:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...