Friday, May 11, 2012

My New Shout Stain Remover - Home Made

I'm excited that I have finally found something that works as a great stain remover for all our clothes and trust me when I saw if you have kids you will love what this stuff does!



Now the first time I used this stuff I was very impatient and didn't let it sit on there for very long before throwing it in the washer...I highly recommend waiting at least 15-20 minutes. I usually spray as I'm putting in the wash but now I just leave out the stuff that needs spraying and put it in the next load so it has time to sit! (the picture above is one that I didn't let sit but it's worked better on others that I let soak!).

So what is the magic stuff? It's as simple as 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide to 1 part Dawn. Which means if you do 1/2 cup dish soap you'll do 1 cup Hydrogen Peroxide...Now the sit I read said to use the original dawn blue dish soap...I tried it with that first and yes it works great. Next time I'll be using just whatever I have on hand to see if it really matters :) Let me know if you try it before me and if it works or not!!!

Note: I more recently sprayed half and stain with shout and the other half with this mixture and the mixture did better then shout!! (and it's much cheaper which is wonderful seeing how we have to use it on everything with the two kiddos I have!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...