Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Spy Bottle


We are getting ready for a very long road trip and I'm trying to put together things to keep my 2 year old entertained so I made this I spy bottle. It was quick and easy and didn't cost us anything cause everything was on hand. Here's what I put inside of it...
  • Alphabet (The letters on both sides of that paper to make it easier for her, you could also cut out the letters on a cricut to make them cutier...I went with quick since we'll be leaving next week)
  • Dime
  • Pinny
  • Safty Pin
  • Button
  • Nickle
  • Orange Paper Clip
  • Rubber Band
  • Ruler
  • Flower
  • Star
  • Screw
  • Nut (Metal)
  • Match
  • Battery
  • Bobby Pin
  • Straw (I cut the straw down to about 1/2)
  • Magnent
  • Tack
  • Nail
  • Orange Bow (just made out of ribbon I had on hand)
  • Black Bean
  • Pink Candle
  • Pen
After everything I wanted was inside (and I had everything written down) I filled it with rice. I choose rice cause I had it on hand, I've seen others also use beads instead from the dollar store, either works great! Then I hot glued the lid on so she wouldn't try opening. I added a square piece of fabric on top just for looks!! She's off enjoying it now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...