Friday, February 10, 2012

Sensitive skin...

Update: so I've been using this for my girls for about 2 months now and it seems to be working just great for their sensitive skin!!! I'm so excited, I first only made half of what it called for in case it didn't work, I'm going to be making up the rest of it for sure!!!
The Zote bar was very hard for me to find...I ended up having Fresh Market order me some, they were amazing and it only cost me 50 cents for 1 bar and they got it in the next day!!!

Laundry is such a chore at our house and with my girls sensitive skin we have to be extra careful what we use as laundry detergent. I've been thinking for some time now that I should try making my own and see how they do with it (cause theirs is so expensive). So TODAY I'm running to the store to grab everything I need to make our own laundry detergent and the "better then shout" ingredients that I don't have on hand!

I've looked at a few laundry detergent recipes and have found one that looks the best to me. For the laundry detergent you'll need:

(my zote bar took me a long time to find so I didn't get a picture of it with the rest of the ingredients)
1 (4lb 12oz) box of Borax (in the detergent aisle)
1 (3lb 7oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (in the detergent aisle)
1 (3lb) Container of OxyClean (in detergent aisle - this is optional)
2 (14.1oz) Bars of Zote Soap (in detergent aisle)
1 (2lb) Boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (on the cooking aisle)
1-2 (55oz) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener (in the detergent aisle - this is also optional but it's what's going to help it to smell good and soften your clothes/towels)

Supposeably this makes quiet a bit so I'm first going to cut it in half to make sure it works with my girls skin...if not I can certainly use it for my husbands and my clothes. To make, just grate the bars of soap and mix everything together...easy as that (the best part!). Then all you need to add to your wash is 1-2 Tbsp to your load depending on if it's a small or large load. Can you imagine how long that's going to last!?! 1.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...