Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Morning Shake

So I have to say I love having shakes in the morning. They just add a little bounce to my day and my 2 year old is obsessed with them! So I wanted to share my mom's recipe that she's been making for years (aren't mommy's just wonderful! I can't wait until my kids think that!).


Fruit Smoothie

1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
6 strawberries, frozen
2 apricot halves, frozen
2 slices bananas, frozen
flavoring (vanilla, orange, coconut)
1 pkg sweetener

Mix together well in blender.

Now you can do whatever fruit you'd like instead of what's listed. I just use whatevers in my freezer. Remember bananas are powerful so don't add to many of them. Also, I do orange flavoring, that's my favorite...it kind of takes the place of orange juice in a healthier way!

Enjoy! (I secretively can't wait for summer so I can make these more often and sit on the porch with my girls!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...